I am a third-year PhD candidate at the Institute of Mathematics, TU Berlin under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Sebastian Pokutta and work as a doctoral researcher in the Interactive Optimization and Learning (IOL) research lab at the Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB). My research interests are centered around Machine Learning and Optimization in general. In particular, I am interested in Compression of Neural Networks, Explainability (XAI), Fairness in AI as well as first-order optimization. Since 2022, I am also a member of the BMS graduate school, which is part of the MATH+ Cluster of Excellence.
Before joining IOL in 2020 as a student research assistant, I worked on Nash Flows over Time together with Leon Sering at the Combinatorial Optimization and Graph Algorithms Group (COGA) at TU Berlin. During my BSc and MSc in Mathematics, which I both received from TU Berlin, I got the chance to intern in the research groups of Prof. Sergio de Rosa at Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II and Prof. Marco Mondelli at IST Austria.
You can email me at zimmer [at] zib.de.
|Jul 1, 2023||We published a new paper: Sparse Model Soups: A Recipe for Improved Pruning via Model Averaging! You can find the corresponding blogpost here.|
|May 10, 2023||I presented our poster “How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Retraining” at ICLR2023 in Kigali, Rwanda! You can find all information in the list of publications below.|
- Sparse Model Soups: A Recipe for Improved Pruning via Model AveragingarXiv preprint arXiv:2306.16788, 2023
- How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love RetrainingIn International Conference on Learning Representations, 2023
- Compression-aware Training of Neural Networks using Frank-WolfearXiv preprint arXiv:2205.11921, 2022
- Merlin-Arthur Classifiers: Formal Interpretability with Interactive Black BoxesarXiv preprint arXiv:2206.00759, 2022
- Flows over time as continuous limits of packet-based network simulationsTransportation Research Procedia, 2021
- Deep Neural Network training with Frank-WolfearXiv preprint arXiv:2010.07243, 2020